Lil Wayne was hospitalized after suffering at least one seizure in Chicago Sunday, TMZ reports. The rapper was found unconscious in his hotel room before being rushed to Northwestern Memorial, where he reportedly suffered another seizure. According to TMZ’s sources, Wayne’s team attempted to have him discharged from the hospital Sunday afternoon so he could make it to a show in Vegas. Doctors are said to have advised against a discharge, as well as suggesting that Wayne avoid flights for the next few days. It is unclear if the rapper is still in the hospital at this time. Wayne, real name Dwayne Carter, revealed he was epileptic in 2013. Last year, Carter had three seizures in less than a month, forcing his jet to make an emergency landing to get the rapper to a hospital. “The bad news is I’m an epileptic. I’m prone to seizures,” he told Power 108. “This isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures, y’all just never hear about them.” Carter was scheduled to perform with Rae Sremmurd at Drais Beachclub Sunday Night. It is not yet known if Wayne has canceled the appearance. Praying for a speedy recovery for the New Orleans rapper.
- NEWS: CARDI B’S “BODAK YELLOW” FINALLY HITS #1 SPOT ON BILLBOARD HOT 100 CHART
- NEW MIXTAPE: JUICY J’S “HIGHLY INTOXICATED” MIXTAPE FINALLY DROPS
- NEW MUSIC: TY DOLLA $IGN DROPS 2 NEW SINGLES “DAWSIN’S BREEK” FEATURING JEREMIH & “MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE”
- NEWS: GUCI MANE’S GETS BASHED BY ANIMAL ACTIVISTS AT BARNES & NOBLE BOOK SIGNING
- NEW MUSIC: OFFSET DROPS “CINCO DE MAYO” FEATURING YOUNG NUDY
- April 11, 2017
- March 16, 2017