With his recent album “Jungle Rules” dominating hip hop, and his hit single “Unforgettable” still topping the charts, French Montana hit up “The Breakfast Club.” The conversation pops off with questions about “Unforgettable,” and French reveals that the track was originally meant for Jeremih. “Nobody thought it was going to be that big, because they didn’t have that ear,” says French, before linking the track’s success to the connection to Africa. “We used the platform of that song to help people,” says French, referring to his trip to Uganda. He goes on to reveal that he paid a whopping 300K out of his own pocket for the song because he believed in the record that much. Check out the full interview below.
- NEWS: CARDI B’S “BODAK YELLOW” FINALLY HITS #1 SPOT ON BILLBOARD HOT 100 CHART
- NEW MIXTAPE: JUICY J’S “HIGHLY INTOXICATED” MIXTAPE FINALLY DROPS
- NEW MUSIC: TY DOLLA $IGN DROPS 2 NEW SINGLES “DAWSIN’S BREEK” FEATURING JEREMIH & “MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE”
- NEWS: GUCI MANE’S GETS BASHED BY ANIMAL ACTIVISTS AT BARNES & NOBLE BOOK SIGNING
- NEW MUSIC: OFFSET DROPS “CINCO DE MAYO” FEATURING YOUNG NUDY
- April 11, 2017
- March 16, 2017